Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lisa and David

I did a wedding recently at Mt. Carmel United Methodist Church in Norcross. I've lived in this area my entire life and have always found it to to be the most charming little church. Lisa wanted to use a complimentary color scheme of blue and orange. She loves roses so I designed her bouquet with orange roses and two shades of blue delphinium. These opposing colors created maximum contrast and stability.

Lisa chose navy bridesmaid dresses and wanted varying shades of orange roses with a ribbon wrap matching the dresses exactly. This contrast was incredibly bright and vivid and very pleasing to the eye. I love that the photographer actually captured a bumblebee hovering over one of the roses!

The inside of the church is just beautiful! For the ceremony, Lisa didn't want to do anything that would take away from the beauty of the church but did want to have some flowers to accent the aesthetic setting. I designed two matching altar arrangements in brass containers to match the existing brass accents as well as the brass unity candelabra. For these designs, I kept the main complimentary colors of blue and orange but added some other colors such as yellow to add texture and diversity to the design. I thought the photographer did a great job in this photograph!

The photographer for Lisa and David's wedding was Shannon Wright with Photography by Shannon. Be sure to check out her website at http://www.shannonseye.net/. She captured some really great shots as you will see in the following photos:




















0 comments: